Elders Are At The Mercy Of Their Caregivers
If you suspect a loved one has been abused or neglected in a long-term care facility in Los Angeles or anywhere in Southern California, talk to one of our attorneys as soon as possible. Elder abuse cases are sensitive and the sooner you contact us to discuss the facts, the sooner we can begin an investigation to determine your rights and remedies.
Steven D. Davis Law Group, APC is a valuable resource. We are dedicated advocates for families of elderly, disabled or dependent residents who have been abused or neglected in long-term care facilities. We will conduct a thorough evaluation of the circumstances surrounding the suspected abuse and most often will work with you on a contingency fee basis.
The Various Types Of Elder Abuse
Elderly, disabled or dependent residents of nursing homes are vulnerable. They are most often entirely reliant upon caregivers for assistance with daily living activities and proper health care. Nursing homes have a duty to meet the standard of care and treat their residents responsibly, humanely, and with due regard for their health and safety. Failing to fulfill these basic responsibilities amounts to nursing home neglect and can be grounds for a lawsuit.
Elder abuse takes various forms in long-term care situations, including:
- Failure to properly monitor the patient
- Failure to turn residents who are bedridden, keep skin clean and otherwise prevent bedsores
- Failure to diagnose and treat injuries and ailments in a timely manner
- Failure to ensure basic well-being, including hydration and nourishment
- Failure to properly clean and care for elderly residents
- Failure to follow doctors’ orders
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse, often evidenced by unexplained bruising
Our Role As Plaintiffs’ Attorneys
Our lawyers at Steven D. Davis Law Group, APC provide our clients with professional legal counsel. We work diligently and stand by our clients during each stage of their case by:
- Listening to clients’ stories
- Investigating to uncover facts
- Analyzing and applying the law to the facts of each individual case
- Preparing compelling arguments to advocate for our clients
- Making every effort to reach a favorable settlement agreement before trial, but always preparing the case to present to a judge or jury if necessary